Head Varsity Girls Basketball Coach
Patrick Henry HS: Is on the eastern edge of San Diego city in an incredible neighborhood with a vibrant and diverse student population. Recent construction projects on campus have elevated academic programs in theatre, music, video production, engineering, math, and world language. Recent construction projects on campus will also elevate the athletics facilities to compete with any school in the county; weight room, stadium, baseball, softball, and sand volleyball.
Job Description: PHHS is currently seeking a Head Varsity Coach for Girls Basketball. The Head Coach will work under the supervision of the Athletic Director and the Principal of Athletics. The Head Coach is expected to fill additional coach positions within the program, organize game and practice schedules, attend meetings, communicate with parents, and be a positive role model to every athlete within the program.
It is preferable for the Head Coach to have recent experience running a high school program and have a minimum of high school playing experience. The following is a list of qualities we are looking for in our new Head Coach:
- Effective communication skills are a requirement. Direct communication with Athletic Director, athletes, parents, other Patriot Athletics coaches, and community to promote and build a successful program.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to implement effective coaching theory, strategies, and techniques appropriate for high school athletes.
- Ability to motivate student athletes to participate and sustain their interests in the program.
- Demonstrate proper sportsmanship and respect for players, officials, opponents, fans, and other coaches.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to and keep abreast of NFHS, CIF and League rules.
- Assume responsibility for inventory, selection and care of equipment.
- Assume responsibility for proper care of the school facilities.
- Report injuries to administration and training staff in a timely manner.
- Adhere to Varsity Head Coach job functions as listed in the Coaches Handbook as well as general policies of the school.
- Availability to coach during summers and vacation periods.
- CPR, Concussion and First-Aid Certified (or be willing to get certified upon hire) Other Job Duties:
- Assist the Athletic Director in developing game schedules, practice schedules, facilities use, transportation needs, and the program budget.
- Requisition supplies, materials, and equipment as needed and as approved by the Athletic Director.
- Provide game results to the Athletic Director; keep season and game-by-game statistics and records; provide statistical reports to the Athletic Director as needed and/or requested.
- Coaching Term: November 1 – February 28 (may be extended based on CIF tournament qualification)
Application Process: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Deadline will be August 15.