Track & Field Season Begins Tuesday!
The first Track & Field practice will be Tuesday February 16 at 3:00pm. (Meet at the stair entrance to the Stadium)
Message from Coach Thompson
Items to bring:
- A hard copy of the medical clearance is required at the first practice.
- Athletes are expected to have and wear their face coverings and bring a towel and water to every practice.
- Athletes must show their daily clearance prior to each practice in order to enter the stadium and attend practices.
- The tryouts period will last for 3 weeks when final cuts for the team will occur.
- Practice starts promptly at 3:00pm and last till 4:30pm Monday through Thursdays.
- Schedule of meets will be posted on both home campus and athletic.net.
- We suggest purchase of running spikes after athlete knows that they made the team.
Any questions feel free to contact Coach Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Updates & Reminders
- UPDATE (as of 2/10/21) CIF has reinstated the waiver for multi-sport athletes. Athletes WILL be able to participate in multiple high school sports in the same season. Athletes WILL be able to participate in club sports at the same time as high school sport.
- For sport specific questions, you can email the Head Coach. Click link for directory: Head Coach Contact List
- ALL Student-Athletes on the first day of practice/offseason conditioning will need to have a hard copy of the Daily Symptoms Checklist:
- ANY Student-Athletes who have ever tested positive for COVID-19 will need to get their doctor to sign the Medical Referral Form:
- SDUSD will begin to make COVID-19 Testing available every two weeks beginning February 10 for all student-athletes who are participating. Testing will not be mandatory but highly recommended. Anyone interested will have to let their coach know in advance so our school nurse has a registration list prior to each testing day. More information click here: