PHHS ATHLETIC CLEARANCE
Click here for online registration: www.athleticclearance.com
All clearance paperwork for the 2019-2020 school year will be posted on June 1, 2019. At that time you will be able to download/print the physical form to take to your physician.
Quick steps for parents/students using the online athletic clearance process.
Make sure you register in the 2019-2020 (will go live on June 1, 2019) school year and find Patrick Henry HS in San Diego California.
Here is the form: 2019-2020 Athletic Physical Packet
ALL PHYSICALS MUST be AFTER June 1, 2019
At that time, you will be able to go into www.athleticclearance.com and download the physical form.
Dates to turn in Clearance information to Mr. Clark-Athletic Director (Room 119)
2019-2020 Athletics Clearance Information
Clearance Card Schedule in Mr. Clark’s Classroom (Room 119)
January 30-February 7 (2:30-3:30pm)
***February 7 will be the FINAL day to receive a clearance card***
***If you have questions, please email AD Clark: email@example.com***
Must have the following forms to be issued a Clearance Card
1. Signed Certificate of Completion
2. Physical Form-Signed & Dated by Doctor after June 1, 2019
3. Copy of valid insurance card
***All students must have over a 2.0 (unweighted) GPA academically and in citizenship to be issued a clearance card.
***If necessary, incoming 9th graders with under a 2.0 GPA on Spring 2018 Semester report card need to fill out SDUSD Probationary Contract
Online Athletic Clearance
- Visit AthleticClearance.com
- Watch quick tutorial video
- Register. Parents/Guardians register with first and last name, a valid email username and password. You will be asked to type in a provided code to verify you are human. If this step is skipped your account will not activate.
- Select “Start Clearance Here!” to start the process.
- Choose the School Year in which the student plans to participate. Example: Football in Sept 2019 would be the 2019-2020 School Year. Choose the School at which the student attends and will compete for. Choose Sport
- Complete all required fields for Student Information, Medical History, Parent/Guardian Information and Signature Forms.
- Once you reach the Confirmation Message you have completed the process. Please review and PRINT the confirmation page.
- All of this data will be filed with the Patrick Henry High School athletic department for review. For the student to be cleared for participation, students need to bring ALL 3 forms to AD Mr. Clark.
- To be cleared, athletes MUST have a 2.0 non-weighted GPA and 2.0 Citizenship to participate in contests and scrimmages.
Online Athletic Clearance FAQ
Multiple Sports: Once you complete a clearance for one sport, most of the information you have entered will be retained in the system. To register for an additional sport, select Clearances at the top and then Start Clearance Here! After entering the year, school and additional sport, most of your information will auto fill. You must complete this process and get cleared for every sport that you plan to participate in during the 2019-2020 school year. Please allow 24 business hours to process and update clearances.
The physical form for Patrick Henry High School can be downloaded on Step #1 or under Student Info at the bottom of the page. We will accept the physical in a hard copy form into the main office or the uploaded file. You MUST have your doctor complete the SDUSD Physical Form. We will not accept another form.
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE UNTIL YOU ARE CLEARED
Patrick Henry High, City Conference, and C.I.F. Rules and Regulations
All students will clear for eligibility through administrative personnel, not the individual coaches. Eligibility processing will be done at times to be announced for each season of a sport. When athletes have completed all steps of the eligibility process, their coaches will receive clearance from the Athletic Director. Please allow 24 business hours to process and update clearances.
Only students who complete the clearance process will be allowed to participate.
You must have a 2.0 unweighted grade point average AND a 2.0 citizenship average on your last report card; summer school academic grades will be averaged in when determining athletic eligibility. Citizenship grades cannot be made up in summer school.
***If necessary, incoming 9th graders with under a 2.0 GPA on Spring 2019 Semester report card need to complete the probationary contract
You must be living in the Patrick Henry High School attendance area, the feeder attendance area or attending Patrick Henry High on an approved program (NCLB, VEEP, Choice, or Seminar). Transfer students will be issued clearance if they meet the above requirements, but may be required to sit out for a period until authorized by CIF.
PHHS Eligibility Dates:
S1P1 –8/26-10/11, Students become eligible or ineligible on 10/21
S1P2 –10/14-11/22, Students become eligible or ineligible on 12/9
S1 –12/2-1/24, Students become eligible or ineligible on 2/3
S2P3 –1/27-3/6, Students become eligible or ineligible on 3/16
S2P4 –3/9-4/24, Students become eligible or ineligible on 5/4
S2 –4/27-6/9, Students become eligible or ineligible for Fall 2020